When there is improper production or use of insulin in the body, it can lead to high blood sugar. Here, your pancreas is no longer able to produce enough insulin to overcome the resistance, leading to elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), which does cause various symptoms. When you start noticing these symptoms below, it’s time to make use of Diabetmin.
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Increased hunger
- Blurred vision
- Vaginal and skin infections
- Slow-healing cuts and sores
Also, some people have no symptoms of prediabetes, often for years. Prediabetes may be invisible until it develops into type 2 diabetes. You can read more about prediabetes here.
What is Diabetmin?
Diabetmin is an anti-diabetic medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. It works by reducing the quantity of sugar produced by the liver and absorbed by the intestines. It also makes your body more sensitive to the insulin you generate naturally. Diabetmin treats excessive blood sugar levels caused by insufficient insulin production or usage in the body, which is also called type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is a prescription drug that not only reduces the quantity of glucose but also improves the body’s reaction to insulin.
Diabetmin may also be used together with other medications to address certain diseases as prescribed by a doctor.
How to use diabetmin?
Before beginning to use diabetmin, read the directions on the product label, patient guide, or medication guide issued by the drug company or your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist about your problems. Take this medication exactly as directed by your doctor.
This medication should be taken two or three times a day with meals and often taken in the evening. Diabetmin is often administered in doses of 850 mg once daily or 500 mg (not more than 2550 mg in a day). For youngsters, the normal starting dosage is 500 mg twice a day (not more than 2000 mg in children 10-16 years). Diabetmin’s maximum adult dosage per day is 2550 mg. You should store diabetmin at room temperature (20°-25° C), away from moisture and light. Do not forget to keep the medication out of the reach of children and pets.
The side effects of diabetmin
Side effects differ from person to person. Consult your doctor if any of the following symptoms continue:
- Diarrhea, gas, headache, indigestion, nausea, stomach upset, metallic taste, and vomiting
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- Chest pain or discomfort;
- Fast or difficult breathing;
- Fever, chills, or persistent sore throat;
- Muscle pain or weakness;
- Slow or irregular heartbeat;
- Unusual drowsiness;
- Unusual or persistent stomach pain or discomfort
Also read about: Rosuvastatin vs Atorvastatin – in cholesterol management
Before using diabetmin, you should tell your doctor about your medical and health history, especially the following:
- Kidney function abnormalities, liver function abnormalities, alcoholism, dehydration, heart attack, a high quantity of acid in the body (long-term metabolic acidosis), high levels of ketone acids in the blood (diabetic ketoacidosis), iodinated contrast agents through arteries, previous surgical experience, stroke.
- You should limit drinking alcohol while using diabetmin. Because when people with alcoholism use diabetmin, it results in impaired kidneys,
- Liver function may result in lactate accumulation in the body. Diabetmin usage before or during surgery may also raise the risk of fluid loss, low blood pressure, and renal function impairment.
- Moreover, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding need to consult with a doctor about its potential side effects on the baby before using this drug.